How real women approach a 12
Welcome to the first edition of ournew She Wears It Well feature: aregular dose of inspiration devoted to our favourite stylish women.
We'lldiscover how they make their look work, and what the rest of us can learn from their stylish approaches. We're kicking off with four women from very different professions, who reveal how they master a 12 hour working wardrobe.
Only follow trends if they're flattering
47 year old Clare Hornby, founder shopping pandora charm of clothing brandMe+Em, gets through her working week by steering clear ofheels and investing in flattering trousers.
Wool stripe jumper, 119, Me+Em; jersey layering shirt, 79, Me+Em; leather wide leg pant, 399, Me+Em; reversible strap saddle bag, 269, Me + Em; Shoes, Clare's own
1. Always ask yourself ''is a trend flattering?'' The side stripe trouser trend is good because they slim your legs. I can't new charms pandora stand things that don't make you taller, slimmer, longer.
2. Look for brands that invest in fabric and cut and for pieces that are both functional and comfortable, that move with the body rather than against it. If these pieces are machine washable,even better.
3. If you like colour, wear a bright shade away from your face by layering it over a blouse with a high collar. You'll find you can wear tones you have previously ruled out. The Me+Em layering shirt is good for this.
4. Employ little twists that keep your look contemporary. A smart white trainer and a wide leg trousers are perfect for this, without making you feel as though you've over done it.
Electra cotton blouse, 380, Anna Mason; Carmen cotton skirt 380, Anna Mason; sterling silver birthstone ring stack, 40 each, Pandora;sterling silver blue turquoise enamel ring stack, 55 each, Pandora; grey boots, Jimmy Choo (Jo's own)
1. People get very flustered about workwear. It's a bit like going to a wedding and overthinking it so much that you end up looking like someone else's mum. You should just be yourself.
2. Edit your wardrobe to limit the number of decisions you have to make it's a bit of a skill. The only things I cant get rid of are coats, because they're so beautiful.
3. pandora necklaces and charms I like to wear heels they make me feel more empowered and improve my deportment. Not too high though just so my legs look longer.
4. I don't follow trends.
5. I like to stack my jewellery, which Pandora pieces aregood for. I try to wear delicate jewellery in a bigger way, whether that's doubling up my earrings, or wearing 6 bangles on each wrist.
1. The first question I ask myself every morning is ''am I warm?'', because it's always freezing in the shop. So I'll usually be wearing awoolly polo neck at this time of year. But I love my gold jewellery I never leave the house without it. I like to wear hoop earrings, layered necklaces and big rings all together.
2. I shop a lot from The Outnet. My best buy was a pair of Tory Burch leather trousers, which I probably wear fourdays out of seven.
3. I'm always in flat shoes. Nike Courtez are my go to, I have three pairs of the same black and white style.
4. I pandora beads price wear a lot of black and grey but I also love khaki and olive green they're a good compromise for people who don't like wearing bright colours.
5. I rarely have time to go home in the evening and change before going out for dinner or drinks in the evening, but a bright lipstick helps me get away with it.
2. I love heels but they're not always practical when I'm running into the audience with a microphone. Instead I wear colourful flats by Chantelles or J. Crew.
3. I always wear a two piece, so a white shirt is my default plus they look great on camera. I'm a magnet for spills though, so I need to be extra careful.
4. It's important to know your colours. Navy works for me but black doesn't. Nor does black look as smart on camera as it does in real life. I like bright shoes and a bright lip.
5. If I don't have time to change before the evening, I'll put on sparkly earrings. I don't have my ears pierced I was put off by my father owning a piercing and tattoo shop but John Lewis does very good clip ons''.
Prev: pandora complete charm bracelets
Next: pandora bracelets uk